Welcome to smsmasters.co.uk!
The latest technology news and information updated daily since 2002.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Smoking ban in England

Discussion in 'Real World Issues' started by Admin, May 4, 2007.

?

Do you agree with the smoking ban in England?

Yes - Saves people breathing second hand smoke = less health risks in the future 6 vote(s) 46.2%
No - This is a free country and we should be able to do as we wish. 5 vote(s) 38.5%
Neutral 2 vote(s) 15.4%
Mixed views - please post 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Admin Administrator

2. Jonesy New Member

As a smoker myself this is still a good idea.
    It is pushing people like me to quit the habit,
    as you cant do it everywhere anymore.
  3. stevelondon20 Member

I think its a great idea. Smoking is a horrible habit, and should be discouraged at every possible opportunity.
  4. cathyquigley New Member

the smoking ban came here on monday. i dont mind it at the min cos of the good weather and you can sit outside when you're at the bar or something but i remember when i was in scotland at the start of october and it was ****ty having to stand outside clubs and bars for a smoke. i stopped going out in the s.ireland when the ban started, now its here in the north i hav no choice :( im going to liverpool later today though so il be able to puff away... i didnt kno it was 1st july over there :D
  5. Matt Soopa Doopa Moderator

Na, i think it's bit bad, they could have had designated area's etc.
  6. stevelondon20 Member

they do. Outside. lol. Somking inside places shuld have been banned from the start and not having to wait all this times for it.
  7. debz New Member

i agree that for the non smokers it will be better yeah
    but who are the government t dictate if we smoke or not..ther are non smoking pubs so the non smokers can go there lol
    i dont no how they think they could stop people smoking in big nightclubs and stuff though
  8. stevelondon20 Member

the bottom line is, if someone really wants to smoke that bad, then they will go outside wherever they are and do it there. Otherwise, give up, and stop polluting the air aswell as ur lungs
  9. debz New Member

but if i want t pollute my lungs who is anyone to tell me not to lol
  10. phreaky Ride Fast, Die Young

Yet no 1 on here has once complained about the amounts or car pollution we breath in? and that is not by choice.
  11. stevelondon20 Member

Well pollute ur lungs by all means but dont let others suffer. The sooner its banned the better. And yes the car fumes are disgusting too. But that cannot be avoided unless we all stop driving, and lets face it. That aint gonna happen
  12. darrenconwy New Member

We have been suffering for over a month, went to devon for a few days last week and it was great sitting in the bar havin a smoke.

One thing i have noticed is the amount of bus shelters going up in pub carparks, honest thats what they use as a smoke room.:pepsi:
  13. stevelondon20 Member

well thats ok. As long as its outside, then no one can moan about it.
  14. phreaky Ride Fast, Die Young

It's a load of bolloks. It's like weed, weed is natural and i'm told i'm not allowed to smoke that. Is there anything i am allowed to smoke? I reckon a donor naan with cheese and mayo has got more chemicals than a cigarette but they keep giving permission for them places to go up. It's only when bad things happen as a result of what they allow when they start doing things about it. Should've use their noggins in the first place.
  15. stevelondon20 Member

fair point there fred
  16. daNi-L Extraordinary Girl

I actually think the bans a great idea, it's also given me that little extra push to quit. Haven't had one for 5 days, sounds silly when it's just 5 days, but I don't even think about it now, and I'm not using any replacements, which is good.

It's unfair that non smokers have to breath in the smoke in clubs/bars/restaurants. If we choose to kill ourselves slowly then that should all that the smoker should be doing. Not affecting anyone elses health.
  17. xtreme-mobile Member

its been going here in wales since april or something like that, its much better you go home and your clothes dont stink of stale smoke anymore its great
  18. debz New Member

i actually think its a good idea now i have thought about it..it will help me stop too coz i dnt smoke at home n if i cant smoke when am out either then theres only work where ill be smokin..coz they cant ban it there as its a privatly owned building or sumthing i dont no..but we av always smoked outside anyway so
  19. neeraj New Member

it wont change much most pubs will close there eyes to the local smoking only time when something will happen about it is when the cops need there money so end of the month
  20. LuckyNats ~ѕмѕмαѕтєяѕ ¢нαттєя вσχ~

I HATE THIS NEW SMOKING BAN! Its okies now going outside but if its raining ffs we have to still stand outside. :L lol

Im agest this ban.... its okies in hotels etc. but the likes of pubs and bingo etc etc it should be allowed. lol